PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE: WEEK 6 - HAPPINESS IS...

Saturday, February 11, 2012

An open letter.

Dear Universe,

I loved this week. Period. After 7 days, 168 hours and more than 7 photos I humbly confess that you were right. All I needed to do was open my eyes. Happiness IS all around us, in everything.

On Tuesday I was horribly late for work. I hate being late on a Tuesday because it's my first day in the office and I always feel I should really be much more organised than I often am. This particular Tuesday was a pearler. I agreed to drop Will off then realised (after getting on the motorway) that I had left both my laptop and makeup bag at home (if I'm airing all my dirty laundry, I'll confess to being was a great deal more concerned about my makeup bag than I was about the laptop). For some reason, that I have yet to make sense of, the motorway designer decided to omit an offramp to Westgate and one has to travel down to Lincoln Road to make a loop back around to Whenuapai. Between the hours of 9pm - 6am this wouldn't be a problem, however on THIS particular day I hit nose to tail traffic at the Westgate onramp and moved around 20m in 10 minutes...swell. 1 hour 15 minutes later, after making the diversion back home I was driving past St Lukes in a thorough funk. At precisely that moment I looked to my right and saw a red hellium balloon floating up into the sky from one of the houses along side the motorway. It made me smile. Helium balloons always make me smile. My funk departed and instead I said a quiet thank you to the universe for putting me in that place to see the singular red balloon heading off to bring a smile to other terrorised motorists in need...

So...what did I learn this week?

There is no such thing as time poor. We are all given 24 hours in a day and we are the masters of how to use this time. No one has control over your destiny but yourself, and if you choose to seek happiness the universe will deliver it but do not expect miracles. Be thankful for small blessings. Blessings such as full moons as big & bright as a ripe apricot rising in a clear sky, recipes turning out exactly as you intended, crummy mall stands with cheap entertainment, discovering a new author and nicking every single book in the series off your mother, your husband/partner/significant other (in my case OFTEN my better half), snuggles, kisses, sunshine, grass, great friends, good wine...the list goes on and on.

If nothing else I hope this inspires you to get up tomorrow morning and smell the roses. They're delicious. Trust me :)

See you next week.

Jacq

Keen? Want to join us? Send me a message. New week - new theme. Watch this space.








6 comments:

  1. first time caller, long time listner :) love your photos honey. Our date night was lots of fun, especially laughing at the Asian wedding couple in the surf :)

    love you
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jax, awesome photos as always, love the moon one in particular. what settings did you use to get that? and you have the sweetest hubby hehehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey B, you're far too kind! Just went back and checked the settings because it was actually a shot I leapt out of the car to get and didn't have a chance to change anything. Shot on my 18mm-55mm at ISO400, Shutter 1/100, f/5.6 believe it or not?! PS - he's pretty awesome!

      Delete
  3. Superb photos!! And I love your open letter. It made me smile and laugh as we have all had days like one that you had last week. I often wake up and think "the sun is shining and my heart is beating, so I've gotta be grateful".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jodie, I hear you sister! Glad the note made you laugh - it's always nice when you know others are in the same boat!

      Delete
  4. Awesome pics (as usual) and a lovely message to boot.
    I've already raved about the quiet time pic - awesome. I love the moon and date night pic too - fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design