PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE: WEEK 15 - HOME

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This week was a doozie in the photography department, on the other hand it was a complete win for my wardrobe. 

It was also a very fitting theme for my location for the week which was Melbourne. It's been nearly 4 years since we arrived back in NZ yet every time those plane tyre's touch down at Tullamarine I have this overwhelming sense of home. As a Kiwi, I'm not ashamed to say I love Melbourne. To the moon and back. Twice. The people, the layout, the transport, the shopping, the food, the sport, the events...I could be here all day. 

I'm sure I missed a prime opportunity to snap my way around this fine city, but truth be told I had to put down the lens & simply bask in being, well...back home. Check out the fabulous mugs I picked up from Max Brenner (who's hot chocolate I love nearly as much as my first born son...no kidding), these are just the tip of the ice berg.

While I could have predicted the joy at being back on familiar ground I certainly hadn't anticipated quite how much being apart from Will would have affected me. I missed him crazy bad. The kind that makes you cry on take off, landing or pretty much whenever you see a family with children of a similar age (for the record this is awkward for both you and the family you're crying over). So while I had an absolute blast & miss my friends horribly it was nice to get home to wee man.

Here's my latest offering of snaps in a mix of 450D & IPhone glory.


Hail No... 
7:38pm - 10 April 12


Hug Me
9:45pm, 11 April 12

Deserted Platform Jitters
10:04pm, 12 April 12


Late Night Movies!!
8:45pm, 13 April 12

The Locals
2:22pm, 14 April 12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design