SAVE OUR SANITY: QUICK CRAFTS WITH TOTS

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Now, I realise that I owe y'all something of an explanation for what's transpired over the past six months. Trust me when I say there's some really exciting parts, but I owe it a bit of energy and attention and right now I'm lacking in both.

Luckily for everyone reading this blog if the last six months have taught me anything it's the power of the 'quickie'. No, not that kind of quickie...cheeky...the kind of quick craft activity that can entertain a toddler for 5, 10, 15 (if you're super lucky perhaps even 20) minutes during an unforgiving English winter.

So that's what you're getting today...a quickie (disclaimer: you may want to consider reframing this when talking with your partner tonight).

Finger Painting with Will-a-saurus!!

What better way to spend 5, 10, 15 minutes? I'm going to spare everyone the 'how to' guide of this activity and only suggest that you use cardboard rather than paper. Paper has an annoying habit of getting all soggy when bathed in paint (and trust me...it WILL be bathed in paint), and I find cardboard is easier to prop up and dry.

PS - Yes...that is a pipe cleaner. Despite evidence to the contrary Will hates (HATES) getting his hands dirty. This poses an issue when painting with ones fingers. I didn't have a paintbrush so this was the next best option...On that note I didn't have an apron either so he's wearing a white cloth nappy with a hole for the head. Is there anything they can't do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design