BAD BLOGGER! BAD!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I've committed the cardinal sin of blogging, that is I haven't in some time. I get it. Bad blogger...bad! I was told off this weekend and am now determined to tame my tardy ways. Of course this is easier said than done when you're running a one man band.

Here's the cliff notes version of what's been going on around here lately: 
  • Rugby World Cup - Unless you've been living under a rock (or the Northern Hemisphere...) you'll know that the RWC is well and truly underway here in NZ. My Dad, Brother & I headed along to the France / Japan game last Saturday. What an experience!!! The crowds, the fans the atmosphere, the public transport (if you know anything about Auckland you'll know this is seriously something to write home about). Long story short - SUCH  a great night. If you're thinking of catching a game I highly recommend it. Pick a team, dress up, make a flag (word of advice put newspaper down on the deck before painting a giant red dot...just saying) - get into it! Here's a few pics off the point and shoot (excuse the quality) of our snazzy get up - IKE NIPPON!!!









































  • Work. Yes. In the warts and all version of life every waking second a huge chunk of this week was spent at work. Not that I don't love my job dearly (I consider myself exceptionally lucky in this department), but I've become accustomed to my two precious days off per week. That said I did get take a super exciting work trip down country to our research centre in P-Niddy (otherwise known as Palmerston North). I'm not being sarcastic either, it really was amazing what New Zealand scientists have done for the international dairy industry.
  • Molar teething time. Enough said. Around the globe parents are nodding their head in silent understanding.
  • Boat tours. If you're living in Auckland and fancy treating the family to a little something different check this out. As part of Heritage week The Ports of Auckland are running free...let me repeat FREE tug boat tours on the William C. Daldy over the next two weekends. I've been before (nothing says work induction like doing donuts in the Auckland Harbour afterall...) but jumped at the chance to take Will & my father in law along yesterday. The fully narrated tour lasts for 1 hour and explores the Port waterfront before heading down underneath the Auckland Habour bridge. Thanks to Dee & Gary my lovely old colleagues at the Port who supplied us with stickers and an unbelievable true story about a run away elephant on the Port...you have to hear this from Gary to believe it. The boat is suitable for all ages and you are encouraged to explore ALL of this amazing vessel including the working furnace room! Bookings are essential so follow this link and call them now - http://poal.co.nz/community_environment/auckland_heritage_festival.htm
  • Road Trips. I've been getting around lately...in the most ladylike way possible and have discovered some unknown gems of New Zealand. Will and I are heading to Christchurch this weekend...I'm thinking solid ground thoughts. Promise I'll take my camera along with me. I've been trying to balance life through the lens with living said life. I don't always get it right, there are many moments (like bathtime this evening) where i'm itchin go haul out the lens and snap away. Oh well, I suppose until I start losing my mind I'll always have my memories....you know until I start losing my mind I'll always have my memories.
  • Photo-Time. Read the last post. I'm really keen to kick this concept up. I just need to make sure I have a way of allowing others to share their pictures before I start....more soon!
Right - that's all folks I'm tapping out. 

Hope you've all had a wonderful weekend. 

More from me soon. The next post will be my 100th blog post....eeeeee!

Jacq

xox

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

    Hover to Pin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     
    Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design