NESTING...IT'S TASTIER THAN YOU MIGHT THINK

Monday, April 1, 2013

Any holiday spent away from friends and family is a mixed blessing, although there's few challenges chocolate won't rise to...including a pang of home sickness.

We returned from a quick break in Edinburgh just in time for Easter which, as it happened, was one of the coldest on record (imagine a balmy high of 1 degree then drop and give me -10 over night). Now, I'm rather partial to a crisp spring day, but even I have to draw the line at subzero Easter Hunts.

Fortunately for us our wonderful Australian friends had everything under control and arranged some considerably more suitable (and comfortable) in door activities for the Chunky Monkey. In appreciation I decided to make them an Easter cake...short notice...with only the ingredients in the cupboard. Love a challenge.

I'd seen this Ombre Wave Cake over at www.thegirlinspired.com a few weeks back and decided to give it...or something like it...a crack (as an aside this woman's propensity for incredible crafts leaves me quivering with both excitement and inadequacy in equal meassure)
Below is attempt one. I went for a "nest" look rather than structured waves and had to rely on the limited piping devices I had at hand so the finish wasn't quite what I was hoping for.  This said it was thoroughly enjoyed by all so clearly I got the bottom line right.

Hopefully you had a great and safe Easter break, where ever you are in the world - I'd love to see what you got up to.

With love

Jacq

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design