WARMTH...IT JUST FEELS GOOD

Thursday, April 18, 2013


Sorry for the hiatus. (No I'm not).

I've been trying to write this post for sometime in an attempt to explain a few things. Namely why I've been so absent from the blogging sphere during what should be (by all accounts) the 'trip of a lifetime'.


Trouble was, as time passed my explanation became increasingly apologetic, lengthy and frankly far to much like naval gazing for anyone's liking. Last night, in moment of insanity rare clarity, I deleted it. All. 



Over the past 8 months I have been thinking. A lot, actually. About life. About what really, sincerely matters to me.


I've been surprised...enlightened...humbled.

Here's what I've found:
  • I'm not very good with change. It unsettles me...as does a lack of symmetry 
  • A year is not a very long time
  • There are cooler things than the internet
  • Nothing is as awesome as when your child learns something new
  • Family & friendship make the world go round
  • Everything is easier with sunshine and fresh air
  • Music speaks to the soul
  • Good fuel = happy living. (Trash in, trash out. Mind, body, soul)
  • Morning sickness is a b!#$*
  • Kindred friendships exist in places and packages you'd never imagine
  • No one’s life is as clean, pretty, or perfect as it appears on their blog, facebook, twitter [insert relevant social media channel...you get the point]

And where does THAT leave us? 

WOOSH. (That was the sound of the wind rushing past as we zooooom by. Full speed ahead.)

Given the past 8 months were anything but ordinary I can't WAIT to see what the coming months have in store. Particularly next month. Have I mentioned (at any point) that number two is due on the 26th of next month? My how time flies...but that's the topic of another post entirely. 

For now, I think that's quite enough from me. If you take away nothing else from this post let it be this. Take a day off. Switch off the internet. Go outside. Lounge on the couch. Throw a ball for a dog and/or child. Phone a friend. You deserve it. No matter what else you should be doing :) 

Love Jacq

PS - By way of explanation, the picture up the top was taken around 3:30pm in the depths of winter when Scott and I were out for a walk. To me it's the epitome of what we've come from. The pictures below were taken on a day out in Cambridge last weekend. They represent the best of what's to come. I'm going to get the last one framed. Nothing quite like a final memento of you and your first born before we descend back into the land of 'new born'. 

Here's a parting shot... 




2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you! I have been wondering how you are getting on. I did two northern hemisphere Winter's and they are TOUGH.
    Love and support from this random stranger to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodie you're a champ - certainly felt the love all the way from little old Cranfield. If the news reports are anything to go by then we've just lived through the worst winter on record for the past 40 years...Alas it sounds as though things are set to improve much but I'm optimistic :) Thanks again for stopping by I'm trying to blog more consistently..trying...so nice to know people still check in x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design