ADVENTURES IN THE MOTHERLAND: OUT AND ABOUT - MIDLANDS

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The theme for this post goes a little like this…

That time when you go to show a good friend some places to visit around Milton Keynes then you realize you spent hours prepping photos and forgot to click 'post'.

This isn't exhaustive by any means, for instance I highly recommend visiting Bletchley Park despite the lack of pictures, and the majority of these are kid centric - but it's for my lovely friend Steph to spark the imagination about exciting adventures to come.

Much love

xox

CAMBRIDGE

Let's be fair you can't really go wrong in this picturesque town.



CARDINGTON AIR HANGERS

Worth a drive by for sheer wow factor. 



EMBERTON COUNTRY PARK

A great day out for families and right next to the glorious little village of Olney (which, for those of you who care, is where the song Amazing Grace was composed…)


THE FOREST CENTRE

Okay so this place saved my ass more times than I care to count. Another great outdoors destination for families - take a stroll around the lakes, spot some wild life or dine at the great cafe.

Thank you Forest Centre…my soul thanks you.



SHUTTLEWORTH

If I was to do it all over again I would have discovered Shuttleworth several months before I did. 

This treasure trove of a park is home to one of the worlds largest, and oldest, collection of historic aircraft. Great for young and old. 

I highly recommend attending the Shuttleworth Proms - an evening watching vintage airplanes being flown by kamikaze pilots while a symphonic orchestra somewhat ominously plays 'Ride of the Valkyries'…yes please. 





WOBURN SAFARI PARK

I've raved on about this place on a number of occasions so for now I'll simply say go. Just go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Hover to Pin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design